- Performance – Trans World Compliance will use commercially reasonable efforts to update, augment and maintain the content and business rules, as compiled from selected public records and other sources. Subscriber accepts all content and business rules provided by Trans World Compliance on a “AS IS” basis, with no warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy or completeness of the content and business rules.
- Support – Trans World Compliance will offer e-mail support through the Trans World Compliance Web site www.transworldcompliance.com/contact-twc. All support e-mails submitted during regular business hours will be answered within one business day.
- Interruption of Service-
- Scheduled Interruptions. Subscriber acknowledges that service may be temporarily interrupted or curtailed due to equipment modifications, upgrades, relocations, repairs and other similar activities during the operation and upgrade of service. No reduction of payments will be made in the case of scheduled interruption of service, provided such interruptions do not exceed 48 hours during any consecutive 30-day period.
- Force Majeure. Trans World Compliance will not be liable for interruption or delays in transmission or errors or defects in transmission or failure to transmit when caused by acts of God, fire, water, riots, war, strikes, acts of Government, third party service providers, or any other causes beyond the control of Trans World Compliance.
- Internet connectivity. Because Subscriber will access the Service over the public Internet, temporary disruptions of network connectivity will occur from time to time. Internet traffic is usually routed through many different Internet backbone providers on the way to its destination. Trans World Compliance will not be liable for interruption or delays in transmission or errors or defects in transmission or failure to transmit when caused by any Internet backbone provider.
- Liability. In no event shall Trans World Compliance be liable for any damages due to interruption of Service except a refund of paid subscription fees proportional to downtime.
- Audit- Subscriber understands and agrees that in order to ensure compliance with applicable law; Trans World Compliance reserves the right to conduct periodic reviews of Subscriber’s activity and may, on a random basis, contact Subscriber to provide documentation of executed searches. Trans World Compliance shall also investigate all legitimate reports of abuse or misuse of the Service.
- Should a data breach occur, all affected subscribers will be notified by Trans World Compliance.
- Subscriber shall be notified of any legally binding request for disclosure of the Personal Data by a law enforcement authority unless otherwise prohibited, such as a prohibition under law to preserve the confidentiality of law enforcement investigation.
Trans World Compliance complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Trans World Compliance has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Trans World Compliance' certification, please visit .
Trans World Compliance values individual privacy and holds all personal information with which we are entrusted in strict compliance with the provisions of the seven principles of the Safe Harbor Framework relating to The European Commission's Directive on Data Protection, as defined by the U.S. Department of Commerce, in consultation with the European Commission.
How we use your information: Any personal information sent to us by our clients is used exclusively for the purposes and services for which we contracted. We do not share, transmit, rent or sell that information to any other parties.
We may collect personal information such as name, title, firm, address, e-mail address, phone number and other non-identifiable information from persons who have requested information from us or expressed interest in our products and services. This information may be provided electronically, over the Internet, physically or through a third party. Your personal information will be used by Trans World Compliance exclusively for the purpose of providing and improving service to you, or informing you of additional products and services which we think will be of interest to you.
Other information gathered through this site is purely statistical, such as what Web pages are visited most often. This information is useful to Trans World Compliance and enables us not only to improve and upgrade our Web site but also to refine our product lines and marketing. This information is anonymous in nature.
We do not collect sensitive information (e.g., personal information specifying medical or health conditions, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership or information specifying the sex life of the individual).
Questions or complaints may be sent to: email@example.com.
If you request information from us, you will be given the choice at that time to opt out of receiving future communications from us on information, products, or services that may be of interest to you.
If you have provided us with your personal information in the past, and you do not wish to receive further communications of information, products, or services from us, you can opt out by contacting us via mail or email at:
Trans World Compliance, Inc.
Attn: David Olenzak
1829 Greenplace Terrace
Rockville, MD 20850 USA
If you provide personal information to us as part of a service we provide to you or your organization, we do not share, transmit, rent or sell that information to any third parties.
Other than as described below, customer information provided to us as part of our business service is not disclosed, transmitted, shared, rented or sold to any third parties. If you provide us with personal information in order to receive information from us, we do not disclose, transmit or share that information with any third parties, except third parties we have retained to assist us and who are working under our instructions, and then only for the purpose of alerting you to information, products, and services that may be of interest to you. Any third party with whom we may share personal information for these purposes must demonstrate that they also subscribe to the safe harbor principles or agree in writing that they provide at least the same level of privacy protection as is required by the safe harbor principles.
Trans World Compliance does not disclose, rent or sell personal information to any outside or third party organization for their commercial use.
You are welcome to contact Trans World Compliance at any time to review the personal information about you that we hold. You may correct, amend, or delete that information where it is inaccurate. To access this information, please contact us at .
Trans World Compliance employs reasonable precautions within our company - including physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards - designed to help secure the privacy of all personal information we retain, and protect it from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Trans World Compliance makes no effort to update, clean-up or otherwise alter any data it receives. We accept all information and record it received, regardless of state.
Trans World Compliance' participates in a SAS-70 audit of our security policies and procedures. As part of this independent accounting firm audit we re-examine all aspects of our operations to ensure strict adherence with the seven Safe Harbor principles.
Trans World Compliance' is committed to make every attempt to resolve any complaints in a timely manner. Please contact Trans World Compliance at with any complaints for immediate attention. Should there be an unresolved complaint, Trans World Compliance has opted to agree to arbitration by European Data Protection Authorities (DPAs) and will cooperate and comply with decisions made by the DPA panel.
Trans World Compliance, Inc.
Attn: David Olenzak
1829 Greenplace Terrace
Rockville, MD 20850 USA
Data We Collect From You
Why do we collect Information on the Websites?
We collect any information you voluntarily provide when you visit the Websites to learn more about TWC and its products, the company, investment opportunities, or for other information. The type of information collected will depend on your request. For example, if you sign up for a TWC newsletter, we will ask for your name and email address. In contrast, if you are considering employment at TWC and submitting a job application, we will collect other details such as your address and phone number.
What Information does TWC collect on the Websites?
When you visit the Websites, we automatically collect information about your computer or device, and your use of the Websites, so that we can recognize you as an end user and optimize your experience accordingly. We store this information in log files and may share this data with partners, affiliates, and other vendors, who help us analyze overall activity trends and administer the Websites, track end users activity on the Website for analytics purposes, and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies from these companies on an individual or aggregated basis.
Here are the different categories of information that may be collected from your device by the Websites, or by partners, affiliates, and other vendors acting on our behalf:
- The type of browser you used to access the Websites
- The times you accessed the Websites
- The IP address of the device you used to access the Websites
- The pages on the Websites that you viewed
- The pages you visited before navigating to the Websites
- Information about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Websites-hardware model, operating system and version, and mobile network information. TWC uses a variety of technologies to collect this data including cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts
How do we Use Information Collected on the Websites?
We use the information we collect on the Websites for various purposes based on your request, including but not limited to:
- Ensuring our Websites remain relevant to your needs and easy to use by providing analytics and other data regarding your use of our Websites as an end user
- Delivering TWC newsletters, blogs and other content in response to your request
- Providing confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, as well as all other support and administrative messages involved in your request or purchase of TWC products and services
- Alerting you to new products, special offers and promotions that may be offered by TWC and our selected partners
- Keeping you informed about TWC promotional events
- Contacting you regarding an open position at TWC for which you had previously applied
Third Party Processors
Our carefully selected partners and service providers may process personal information about you on our behalf as described below:
“Digital Marketing Service Providers
We periodically appoint digital marketing agents to conduct marketing activity on our behalf, such activity may result in the compliant processing of personal information. Our appointed data processors include: